Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 7 Patterns in milk & cellular automata

This is a picture of a pattern we made in the milk. We put 1 drop of 4 different colors of food coloring in the milk. We then put detergent in the middle of the plate and the colors started swirling and making different patterns. I thought it was really cool. It reminded me of tye-dye t-shirts.  


Before
After

This is another picture of cellular automata. This one is different because it was in 3D. I drew a picture of a boy and a monster. When I pressed the pattern button it made that picture above. The squares are always moving. If the pattern stops then the moving stops but if the pattern goes on forever it wont stop. 

This is a picture of cellular automata. They're triangles inside more triangles. It keeps on going forever. You can zoom in or out and it still keeps on going. At first I just started with 4 squares. When I put the number I wanted the pattern to go it did all of that. 



No comments:

Post a Comment